Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Visa? Check. Luggage? Check. Blast Off? TOMORROW.

Haha... YUP I'm still here in Canada, but not for long!

My visa has finally arrived at noon today and right now, my mind is crazily repeating the words, this ain't a dream anymore...  It's really happening!!  It is so hard to imagine that I will be leaving the Calgary International Airport tomorrow afternoon and heading to Schiphol, the Amsterdam airport, then arrive on the 29th at the Lyon-Saint Exupéry, the airport in Lyon.  Such a short notice!

The luggage that looked like a disaster is now neatly organized and ready for take off, thanks to my mother!  Tomorrow, I will officially become an exchange student; the moment I have been waiting for so long... and the oddest thing is that I haven't gone through an emotional breakout like I have imagined, especially after hearing stories from Rotexes!

I'm stuck between excitement and nervousness.  Actually I take that back...  I'm rather 100% excited.  Not a bad sign, right?  I'm sure there will be lots of ups and downs, but one of my best friends from my hometown said to me, "Sari, imagine this: You are going on a one-year vacation!"

After she said that, I gave a huge grin and completely agreed.  I know that the word 'vacation' may not describe some tough times I may face, but it is something that I must remind myself deep in my heart, remembering that I must enjoy those moments because they are the obstacles that makes me into a stronger and independent person.  Without them, it is no adventure, therefore, no fun and growth.

To my dedicated ex-co-worker, thank you for supporting my departure by volunteering to teach me French.  I'll try my best!

To my blog reader, please keep watching my adventure.  It will make me feel never alone.

See you later Canada!
Sari

No comments:

Post a Comment